Monday, October 25, 2010

A New Beginning

I started reading through a few blogs this summer and thought about starting my own.  Then I was captivated  by all of the other wonderful resources available, so I joined BurdaStyle and Ravelry.  I am so amazed at all of the wonderful crafty people in this world, it is so inspiring.  What finally prompted me to begin a blog is that I am in job transition.  I had been working a job that  I did not love, which was a little draining. I am hoping that the transition to my new career path with allow me the energy and extra time to make this blog a worthwhile place to inspire at least a few people to find their inner domestic diva and bring their creativity to fruition.
So what will Annabellebumps be blogging about?  Any lovely ideas that come to mind, preferably related to a creative output.  At the moment I am working on a sweater.  I learned to knit in college and even made my first sweater back then. Unfortunately it was a tad small and knit in a very bulky yarn - too bulky for me.  So, it was  given to goodwill.  Note - for future projects, check gage and carefully consider the yarn designed for the project.  If you wouldn't buy an $80.00 sweater, don't spend hours making one only to donate it.  I think we all learn similar lessons the hard way.


Fall is really the perfect time to start knitting, the cool, crisp air is a reminder that I can't wear shorts forever.  And since I usually protest winter and avoid wearing a jacket until absolutely necessary, I think I could use a new sweater knit up in some incredibly warm alpaca wool.  Below is a picture of my lovely Frog Tree Alpaca and my sweater progress thus far.  Sorry for the big shadows, the sun sets so early right now, its practically dusk by the time I get home from work.

I may also grace you with some sewing from time to time.  Another skill I picked up during school, but didn't do much with.  Of course all I know how to do is sew a straight line, but hopefully those skills will expand.
It's fair enough to say that I don't yet have a clear direction of where I want to take this blog, but I do have a start and that's something.  Hang in there with me and eventually this can be something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment