Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Annabelle's Ruffles

So sorry that it has been forever since my last post.  The month of December was spent preparing to host Christmas Eve at my house.  It was the first time I had ever hosted a holiday (or just about anything) and the first time I made some of the Ukrainian dishes without my Baba in the kitchen.  Needless to say, it was a ton of work, but a success.  I enjoyed it and hope to host more holidays in the future!

Remember my first few posts about the sweater I was knitting that I hoped to finish by Thanksgiving?   Well,  I've turned out to not be the knitter I had hoped to be :(  Don't worry, I still plan on finishing it up (as I should since all of the pieces are done, it just needs to be blocked, stitched together, have the collar made) I just needed a little break from the brown yarn.  I believe in wearing neutrals, as they are ever-so-practical, but I love color!  It just makes a girl happy.  So I needed to put the brown yarn away for a while and switch things up.


While taking a small break from the Brown-I'll-be-Knitting-you-Forever-Sweater, I found this adorable pattern for knitted wristwarmers.  They are not the most practical, and I'm not sure how often I will wear them, but they are a completed project.


In order for you to share un my joy of a finished project I attempted to create a magazine worthy photo shoot.  Since my husband wouldn't wear the ruffles and let me take the pictures, I had to tell him what I wanted him to capture on film.  There is room for improvement . . .


Lovely completed wristwarmers, with brown sweater still on my needles.

A little mood lighting from a tea light.

Camera effects make the tea light flame look so much bigger.

I also have a few pictures without the mood lighting that show some of the details.





It was so much fun to share my completed project with my Tuesday Night Knitting Group.  They all want the pattern!  (Plus it felt good to prove that I can finish a project)

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions - plus we are already a week into the new year - but I have decided that I want to find more time for knitting and sewing.  Not only do I look forward to spending my time this way; I will now have more material for my blog!

How have you been crafty in the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment