Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Little Black Dress

Lately some of the posts that I have enjoyed have been outfit posts - or people sharing their closets with their readers.  Since today was one of those days were I just felt cute, I decided it would be appropriate for me write an outfit post.


Dress: J.Crew
Sweater: Banana Republic
Boots: Via Spiga
Tights: Hanes

I know what you are thinking, with name brands like those, of course I feel extra cute.  Okay, perhaps you are right, some of my favorite wardrobe items carry a higher end name.  But these are items that become staples and I wear them forever.  Most of these items have been in my closet for several years.

The black dress is truly a staple in my wardrobe.  Just this past winter I have gone to it for a wedding, funeral, work and church.  



Oh, and since I wore this to work today - I thought you might like to see how well it goes with my newest accessory - the work ID badge!  Isn't that fancy hanging from the corner of my sweater?


I hope to have more posts like this from time to time - as it would be a great reminder of what I have to work with on those "I have nothing to wear" days.  I would also love it, if someday instead of labels it would say "made by me!"

How about you, do you have the perfect little black dress that you can wear to anything?  Are there any staples in your closet that you always go to?

Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle

2 comments:

  1. I had that little back dress when I was actually little... mine was purple, and yours was yellow. remember that? Great post! I wish I was as cute as you! Adorable Annabelle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember the purple and yellow dresses! I still have mine and I wore it to one of my bridal showers this past year. I may have to do an outfit post this summer with that one. BTW - you are as cute as me, maybe even cuter :)

    ReplyDelete