Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Swing Dress Muslin - Coming Along

I finally got around to making time to finish my muslin.  I can tell that there are a few areas that are going to need changes before cutting the fashion fabric.  Mostly decreasing the bust area a little and taking some off the length of the torso.

Yeah, it looks like a dress!


Here is a close up of the excess fabric in the bodice area:


So there is some work to be done, but overall I am happy with how this turned out and I am really looking forward to making the final dress.


I thought you might like to see why I was a little delinquent in getting my muslin finished:
Go Pac Go!
Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle


2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks great! You are doing awesome with it. I just finished my first dress, but the sleeves feel tight, having trouble getting my arms above my head. Anyway, Good job Annabelle, can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you. I didn't move around too much with my dress on, I'll have to check out my range of motion before making any final alterations - good call on that. It is going to be so much fun to finish up this project.

    ReplyDelete