Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Briar Rose KAL Update

Hello fellow knit-alongers and readers.  I thought I would share a short little post to update you on my Briar Rose Knit Along.  While I promised myself that I would not update you on every half inch added, I figure I'm at an appropriate spot to show you some progress.  The sweater is about a third of the way through - and there's not much time left in this KAL.  Yikes!  I need to get going.

I decided to try it on, just to see how the fit is - spot on!

Look at the window behind me, green grass!  Though I hear snow is coming.
I'm hoping to catch up to where I should be this weekend, but no promises.  I haven't had a chance to look at too many other KALers but two people who are inspiring me are Portia (love what she is doing to add some color!) and Zilredloh (scroll to the bottom of post to see knitting progress).

This is my second on-line something-along (the other was the swing dress sew-along).  What I really enjoy about them is meeting a bunch of fabulous people with similar interests and encouraging each other along the way.  The on-line sewing community is so supportive.  But I do admit that I sometimes get frustrated and get caught up in the feeling of falling behind.  What are your thoughts on sew-alongs, knit-alongs and the like?  I really want to know.

Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle


6 comments:

  1. I love that you knit. It makes me smile :) I LOVE the color! Just wanted to let you know!! (and yes, you can have any scrapbook page I make of you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I will get around to making the project you requested. At least I have the yarn picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, well done you!!! I am a wee bit behind you if I'm honest, but enjoying the process. I find knitting really relaxing but been caught upwith sewing and drafting the past couple of weeks!
    That colour looks yummy.
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Annabelle, it looks great! I have never tried knitting, looks like you got a great looking sweater started, can't wait to see the rest. Love the dreamy color, it's lovely! keep going you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miss P

    Portia, I totally agree! Knitting is a great source of relaxation, and it can be done anywhere. I actually enjoy the process of knitting more than sewing, although there are many more possibilities with sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vintage Girl

    Gina, if you ever want to learn to knit, I would love to teach you. (Not quite sure how that would work via the internet.) I have taught quite a few people how to knit and it is always a joy. I'm a fan of the color as well - I really need to add some color to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete