Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain Drops on Briar Roses



I am so happy that my buttons finally arrived and I had a chance to finish my Briar Rose sweater.  Even the rain outside could not keep my from dragging my hubby outside to take pictures.  (I thought about waiting for later in the week, but the forecast is not much more promising and I was too excited to share these my completed sweater with you).



I didn't make too many modifications from the original pattern.  I added about an inch of length since I have a longer torso and do not own any high-waisted pants.  I also eliminated the garter stitch ribbing on the button holes because I wanted it to be consistent with the rest of the sweater.

Do you like the shocked expression on my face?  The wind had
just picked up and I got a giant raindrop splashed in my eye.
 Here is a close up of the buttons.  I love how whimsical they are without appearing childish.  Worth the wait, would you agree?



This is actually my first real sweater.  To be honest, I made one in college after I first learned how to knit, but it was top-down, so there were no seams to sew.  Also, I hated the sweater, so it was promptly donated to the Goodwill.  Meaning, this is the first sweater I am keeping and plan to wear.



I also love how this has a vintage feel, but I won't feel silly wearing to work.



Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle

12 comments:

  1. Annabelle it's just beautiful! The color is dreamy. Such a perfect sweater, I do hope you wear it to work and play. I like the little collar and the buttons. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Annabelle. Those buttons are so sweet!
    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gina! I actually plan to wear it to work today - so it will surely get plenty of use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me happy that you like the sweater and approve of the buttons Portia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! You are adorable!!! I love the buttons!! I am so excited it it finally finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cherie! I just knew you would love the buttons. I love how you share in my excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Love* the buttons! I do agree, definitely worth the wait. Darling sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, I appreciate your kind thoughts. So glad you like the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this earlier-- it looks fantastic and it's definitely something to be pleased as punch about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tasha - thank you so much for hosting this knit-along! I am delighted that you approve of my sweater :) Definitely looking forward to any future knit-alongs hosted by you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous sweater! Congrats on your skills.

    ReplyDelete