Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Vintage Sweater Almost Done

Briar Rose almost complete!
My Briar Rose has been sitting and waiting for me to finish it.  What's left?  Sewing on the pocket and the buttons.  I need to hone my planning skills when it comes to knitting.  So this poor sweater was basically done and I realized that I hadn't picked out the buttons yet.  Yes, everything has been knitted and all I need are buttons - yet here it sits unfinished.


Then while I was at my knitting group last Tuesday night, I saw some very cute and whimsical buttons that would be perfect for my sweater.  But there was only one left.  Lucky for me, the shop owner is a doll and placed a special order to get in some more for me.  They aren't in yet, but very soon, and then I will have some more pictures to post for you.

In the meantime, I have been working on a little sewing.  My goal is to always be improving my skills.  So this project called for a little bit of drafting as well as some seam finishes.  Not only will I be using french seams, but I will be surging the edges . . . well sort of.  I don't have a serger, but I have a stitch on my sewing machine that closely matches what a serger does.  Since my fabric is so light weight, I am afraid that it will unravel.  This is the reason for serging and french seams.



This is just a taste of my projects in the works, I will be working hard to get these done soon.

Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! It is more than just a belly warmer :) So excited to see the buttons you picked out for it!! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, only you would call it a belly warmer :) I think you will love the buttons too!

    ReplyDelete