Thursday, September 1, 2011

I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to anyway




So this past Spring I watched as other bloggers got excited about and participated in the Colette Spring Palette Challenge.  Now the Fall Palette Challenge is underway.  I really wasn't going to participate.  It's not because I'm Scrooge and don't want to be part of the fun - it's just that I can really take my time I'm just plain slow when it comes to completing sewing projects and ten short weeks doesn't feel like a lot of time to me.

Well, then I looked at the fabric from my most recent shopping trip, as well as what I had in my stash, and then the patterns I was considering sewing up.  It was a total mess!  My next project was going to be the Colette Ceylon in a very summery fabric (considering I am about to embark on seven months of winter, it's not the best idea to keep sewing summer clothes).  Then there is the fact that I am in dire need of tops - especially ones that can be worn to work (office professional) and all of my cutesy little dress patterns were not going to help me with that.  I needed to start sewing more practical things to wear to work.

So, although I probably shouldn't stress myself out over planning a fall wardrobe and coordinating fabrics, I am going to anyways.

So here is my inspiration:


I love fall colors (in Minnesota we get them for about a week) and I'm really inspired to sew up something with a fall/pumpkin orange.  I'm also thinking a solid neutral in dead leaves crunched-beneath-my-feet-leaf-brown.  Lastly, I wanted a pop of color and teal green seemed the perfect accent.

Also included is a photo of my Baba from 1949.  A simple vintage inspired blouse and skirt will be perfect for this challenge.

I don't have any fancy graphic programs on my computer, so I'm not able to call out each color, but hopefully you still get the idea.  Teal.  Brown.  Pumpkin.  Possibly red and golden yellow too.

So, I will have to do some fabric shopping, pattern searching and stash busting; I am going to give this challenge a good effort.  How about any of you?  Are you willing to join in even though it seems a little daunting?

Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it all go well. Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vintage Girl. Thanks Gina! I think it will be a little stressful, but I am going to do my best. I still need to find some fabric is the colors I chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo - those are lovely colours, perfect for Autumn.

    I'm thinking about joining in, but like you the timelimit is a bit daunting - I sew rather slowly too! But we shall see!!
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzie, thanks for stopping by! Good to know I am not the only one a bit intimidated by a challenge like this. Would love it if joined in.

    ReplyDelete