Monday, September 26, 2011

Joy!

This past Friday I went to an event at my favorite yarn shop.  They were celebrating a new partnership with Rowan Yarns & Westminster Fibers - making Amazing Threads one of only two new concept stores in the US.  Having no idea what kind of excitement this celebration would muster up, I showed up just minutes after the celebration started.  To my surprise, this little yarn shop had a line out the door!

Keep reading to find out more about these lovely images and luscious yarns.
As I patiently waited in line just to get in the door, I found myself thinking how this excitement paralleled that of Missoni for Target.  Okay, maybe not that much excitement, but still far more than I had anticipated.

As I inched closer to the door I was given a number 58 (door prizes for the first 60, I just barely made it).  In addition to the bustling excitement, the best part for me was seeing so many familiar faces from my Tuesday night group.  I told them I was there to start building my stash (since they like to tease me for my ability to resist buying yarn unless I am about to start a new project - however, I must admit that they are rubbing off on me).

Since this event was held in honor of the Rowan partnership, I decided to treat myself to some lovely lace yarn.  This deep purple was the exact color that I had in mind for a vintage pattern (that I have yet to buy).  The lighter purple-grey may be used for some stockings.

Doesn't it just look like it would feel good next to your skin?
Once at checkout I was completely surprised to receive the Rowan Knit & Crochet Magazine #49.  They were giving this away just for making a purchase!   I love my yarn shop. 



This is a gem filled with lots of beautiful images for knitting inspiration.  I am now looking more forward to football season than ever.  Having this gorgeous yarn on my lap and these romantic images before me - I may not even notice that ESPN is on all day at my house!  (Yes, my wonderful hubby loves football - college and pro, so we watch a lot of football here).

I love how the models have a simplistic look to them, and the light airy knits
look so wonderful. Even the backdrops are gorgeous.
I just wanted to share my happy day with you.  Hope it inspired you to create something beautiful.

Live the moment, love life!
Annabelle

6 comments:

  1. It all looks so pretty! - Lovely yarn, dreamy pictures... aah. I can't wait to see what you make out of your new purchase! By the way, great title! It put an instant smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, it makes me happy to know that my little post brought you some joy. I promise to have some progress soon - I have a few details to finish up on my current project, then I will be casting on with this new yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is SO pretty! It's so light and delicate. Can't wait to see the tights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear ConstantlyAlice, I'm delighted that you approve of the yarn. I can't wait to see how the tights knit up either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I clicked over to the pattern - that will be a lovely top. I find knitting the perfect accompaniment to football too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Caroline, another football season knitter! It really is the perfect hobby to accompany an afternoon game.

    ReplyDelete