Friday, October 28, 2011

A Little Happiness

It was so exciting when I logged into BurdaStyle today and noticed that my Circle Skirt was a Featured Member Project!  Like most people in the sewing world, I'm not seeking out fame and recognition for the work that I do, but it still feels good to have a little call out.  It's just as special as all of the sweet comments I receive on this blog.  (Which by the way - a HUGE thank you to all of the wonderful people who follow this blog and leave comments, I have found it so encouraging!_


Since picking up sewing about a year ago, I have become a bit obsessed with it.  So much so, that my mind is a little too concentrated on patterns and fabric while I am commuting to and from work.  What I think has really propelled me into the on-line sewing community is that sense of community.  I still remember when I posted my first dress on BurdaStyle - and all of the encouraging comments to keep sewing - it made my day!  I was honored when I dear friend became my first blog follower - and she has been so faithful in encouraging me in my little endeavors.

Now here I am a year later, still learning so much and still eager to keep sewing (and knitting).  As I have been blessed with the spirit of encouragement found in the on-line sewing community, I want to pass it on to you.  Do you have a project that you are especially proud of?  Some thing that pushed you out of your comfort zone.  How about a project that just makes you smile?  Feel free to leave a link to it in the comment section so others can easily find it.  Depending on the responses I get, I may even put up a post with pictures and links to your beautiful work!

Again, thank you for following, commenting and allowing me to glean inspiration from your work!

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle


6 comments:

  1. YEAH! AB, you are a rockstar! I love my sign that I made... my blog post pictures are terrible, I will do another post when I finish it, or I can show you when I get back, because I decided to make more! Miss you tons, and see you super soon!! Plans next weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cherie! Yes, please do take some more pictures of your sign, because I love it too and will totally post some pics on my blog. I cannot wait to see you, drive faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That *is* exciting! Well-deserved too! I agree, the online sewing community is wonderful and often so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete