Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mermaid Teal Pendrell


I bought this teal silk charmeuse with the intention of sewing up a Pendrell blouse.  Unfortunately, I was afraid to cut it up.  A while ago I shared some of my work in progress which included a toffee colored silk blouse that I was working on.  Needless to say, it did not go well.  I pretty much ended up destroying the fabric in the process of cutting it out - not a good way to start.  I gather up some courage and tried working with silk again - this time to line a pencil skirt - and it worked out really well.  So with the confidence of a successful project involving silk, I decided it was time to use up this beautiful fabric.



I'll be honest and say that it did not turn out perfect, but I am still really happy with the results.  The pop of color is a little brighter than I am used to, but I love color - so it won't take long for me to love it.

From this angle, the sleeves look a little like wings.
If any of you follow Debi's blog, you know that she made pretty much the exact same version of this blouse.  Really Debi, I didn't mean to copy you - I had this planned out forever and was just afraid to cut the fabric.  What do you say - we should dress like twins sometime?

I love fall!
Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

12 comments:

  1. LOVE it, and I love the color!! You are looking good. To me, its amazing, and I know the feeling about cutting fabric... you remember that black dress that I showed you about 2 years ago that I wanted to make... yeah, I won't be cutting that fabric until NEXT fall now... :) I think it would be AWESOME if you dressed as twins... yet the ocean will separate you! I will be your twin if you make one for me, but my size is a little larger than yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cherie, you are the best! Thanks for loving my projects. Seriously, I will help you when the time comes to make your dress - I know you can sew. (Apparently we don't need to dress alike to be twins - I saw the fb comments about us looking like sisters!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS blouse..I really love the colour (wink, wink)...great minds think alike and we should DEFINITELY dress as twins! I think I even have a very similar black pencil skirt in my closet :) Great job on the blouse--it looks fabulous! I really love the Pendrell in silk--it feels so luxurious doesn't it?
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty blouse! I love the silk and the color looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Annabelle, and my favorite color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi, I love that you are agreeable to the twins idea! Isn't it just too funny that we made the same exact blouse? And yes, silk is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ConstantlyAlice, teal is such a fun color isn't it? I think it would look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The colour is gourgeous and again I'm reminded to get the pattern and give the Pendrell a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Nikki, you must give the Pendrell a try. It is so versatile, and of course Tasia does a great job with the instructions (and sew alongs). Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, love your photos of the fall color, and the color of your blouse. It makes your eyes pop! I need to make this draped-sleeve version ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a truly sweet comment Caroline! Thank you for always being such a doll. I highly recommend making this version - you will love it.

    ReplyDelete