Monday, March 26, 2012

Cartwheelin' Minoru!

I realize this is a somewhat strange photo, but figured you wanted to see it.

Oh my, it has been a while since I last posted.  I've been spending my time enjoying some gorgeous, unseasonably warm weather here in Minnesota as well as running around visiting family and friends.  While doing all of this, my minoru jacket has been sitting completed on my dress form just waiting for a photo opportunity.



Well, I actually did have a few chances to wear it before taking photos on Sunday night, but I just didn't have a photographer available.  Luckily, hubby came through for me and we were able to take some pictures before running to the grocery store (don't you just love hearing about the fun and exciting things I do?).


So I am pretty much loving this jacket!  When I went to the fabric store, I had a kelly green cotton twill in mind, however no such fabric was to be found.  I settled on this bright pink cotton twill since the color really popped, and the fabric was quite soft to the touch.  It's lined with some quilting fabric that is green and pink.


One of the neat things about the zipper I chose is that it has two zips on it, so when it is all zipped up, you can still unzip the bottom portion.  I'm not sure how often I'll use that feature, but at least I can say that it is there :)


Another neat surprise about my jacket is that I embroidered my name on the hanging loop.  My name just fit from end to end - so I had to take two pictures to show it all - see, it says Annabelle!  What this means, is that no matter how much you like my coat and want it for yourself, you cannot have it.  My name is on it and it is mine.


Because everyone likes outtakes, here are a few pictures taken while trying to get the perfect cartwheel shot.  No, my form is not great as I never was a gymnast, just a kid who likes to have fun:


Live in this moment and live life!
Annabelle

27 comments:

  1. I love this!! Just adorable and so cheery in pretty pink and green. The hangtag is such a cute, personal touch. Very cute photos as well. You look like you had fun taking these :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Participation is optional. Details on my blog :-) The Musings of a Dedicated Housefiancee

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, thanks for the award! I'm glad you liked my photos :)

      Delete
  2. Your skills are so incredible, this jacket looks top notch! It's perfect and I love the color! WOW! and I love your name printed on the belt loop so sweet! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thanks for your encouragement. Embroidering my name was actually a tip from Tasia's sew along, I love how she always has great ideas.

      Delete
  3. No one would ever suspect you were a mild mannered accountant. Love the colors and name tag and you enthusiasm for life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very meaningful compliment, thank you!

      Delete
  4. Your gorgeous jacket just sings spring to me! A really brilliant job, and I can safely say your cartwheels are a gazillion times better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thank you Vicki. Want to know a funny thing about me and cartwheels? I was actually afraid of trying them when I was much younger! Now I think they are super fun and always have to try a few out after the snow melts and the grass is nice and soft.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant! Love your Minoru and the cartwheel photos are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I am impossibly hopeless at anything gymnastic, including the cartwheel, (though can manage a forward roll on occasion, but have very few occasions for it!) so I am thoroughly impressed. I love the pink! and the pop for the lining!

    I love two way zippers- I use mine a lot when sitting (in the car, driving, etc) as it makes the jacket more comfortable to not have the stiff zipper all the way down to crotch level. It can be nice for biking too.

    And my life is about as exciting as yours, so I enjoy reading about yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always full of nice things to say, thanks Caroline! I'm glad you enjoy reading about my super exciting life - reading about yours always entertains me as well :)

      Delete
  7. Love the jacket - the pink looks great on you! Also, nice touch with the name on the loop - that turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meagan! I love that Tasia made the suggestion for the loop, I would have never thought of it on my own.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! I was lucky enough to see this lovely jacket in person. It is gorgeous Annabelle. You continue to amaze me with your talent. Thanks for coming to tea on Saturday. It was so good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! It was so much fun to join you for tea on Saturday, I hope going to tea is something that I will get to do more often.

      Delete
  9. Haha! Love the cartwheel action, and that bright pink is so lovely on you... I'm glad you couldn't find green, cause this is really pretty :) Reminds me of the bubblegum that would inevitably go with the cartwheels ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could get a laugh with my pictures - it was fun. I agree with you about the color, the bubblegum definitely goes more with the cartwheels - making this jacket much more fun than kelly green ;)

      Delete
  10. Great cartwheel picture and what a lovely Minoru! I love the fabric with the contrast lining! :D
    Btw, for joining the Family Fashion Archive, you need to give me your flickr name so I can invite you. Alternatively, you can just go to the page (http://www.flickr.com/groups/1947777@N21/) and ask for an invite, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessa! I did have fun with the cartwheels. I'm glad you gave me the reminder about the Family Fashion Archive. I just sent a request to join the group :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! Sorry it took me a while to respond, for some reason it went to my spam :(

      Delete
  12. I am still impressed with this jacket and your fearless attitude. We should be turning cartwheels to celebrate the gorgeous spring and your sewing success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much for the sweet comment! It was such a pleasure meeting up with you and I hope we can get together again.

      Delete