Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Colette Spring Palette Challenge

Remember last fall when I attempted Colette's Fall Palette Challenge?  I came up with three garments and finished two of them.  Well, I am going to try again this spring, and I am already a week late to the challenge but here is my mood board:


I am inspired first of all by flowers.  I want to add bright, bold colors of all kinds into my spring and summer wardrobe.  Prints that contain flowers will be a must.  I'm hoping to make several dresses inspired by my mood board, and dresses will actually be quite practical for my life.  They are great to wear to work (or at least casual Fridays) and my weekends will be filled with bridal showers and weddings - so several new dresses are just what I need.

Silhouettes that are currently inspiring me are the 50's and 60's.  Yes, I am late to the game and only just started watching Mad Men.  A friend is lending me her DVD series and I am quite enjoying the fashion eye candy.  Betty Draper's late 50's style certainly catching my eye.  That also explains why the above Grace Kelly picture caught my eye when I saw it on Brittany's blog a few weeks ago.  For a modern twist, Tasia's Vogue 1161 has also been on my mind since I first saw it on her blog.

I'm going to keep digging through my pattern stash and fabric stash and hope to have some more solid plans in place next week.  Also recently, hubby and I have been working hard preparing to put our house on the market.  My time will now be filled with keeping our house in showroom condition while also doing a bit of house hunting.  This will be the biggest obstacle to my sewing, by I will do my very best.

And once I have completed this palette challenge I will move towards working on my Summer Holiday  Challenge as hosted by the lovely Jennifer.  I've got plenty of inspiration.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

4 comments:

  1. I just love your mood board! Such lovely colors and inspiration. I cannot wait to see the pretty floral dresses you create!

    Good luck with the house! (Certainly an understandable obstacle.) Thanks for the mention! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun creating it - now I just hope I can find some sewing time! I'm also super excited about your sewing challenge, but I will save that for later this summer when I want shorts and tank tops.

      Delete
  2. ugh, keeping the house show - ready ... we did that when we sold our house in north Texas. I did find the lack of clutter and extra stuff packed away and floor always clean actually nice though. I love florals too - a girl can't have too many floral dresses! I'm hoping to make some myself this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying have the house clean, it's the best it's looked in a long time. I'm glad you'll be making some floral dresses this summer as well, I can't wait to see them.

      Delete