Monday, April 30, 2012

Me Made May 2012

So I've watched from a distance as many fellow bloggers have participated in events like Me Made May and Self Stitched September.  I always thought that there was no way I could participate - I just don't have enough me-made items.  Well this time around I just figured what the heck, I'm going to try it.



I'm still well aware of the fact that I simply do not have a lot of handmade items, but I figured this challenge will be a good learning experience for me.  This will help me to get a better idea of the clothing that I wear more often and want to wear more often.  I also want to get a better idea of the gaps in my handmade wardrobe - to help me determine what things I should add to my sewing queue.  Without further a-do I give you my pledge:


Almost all of my me-made items!
"I, Annabelle of Annabellebumps, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to try my best to wear a handmade item each day for the duration of May 2012."


Notice how I will "try my best," that's my loophole.  My pledge is to wear something me-made each day, but since I don't have a lot to work with, I'm sure I will have to let the challenge slide from time to time.  


Shortly after signing up, I learned that the first week of the challenge is actually casual week at work.  I have not sewn a single casual item!  It's mostly skirts, dresses, blouses (and lingerie).  This is going to make the challenge even more difficult, but I am not about to back down now.  Dear readers, I would also love any of your feedback at the end of this challenge.  Feel free to let me know what items worked, what didn't and what items you think I need in my handmade wardrobe.


Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you decided to join in! It's going to be so fun. Can't wait to see your outfits :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! It will be a challenge, but so many other great bloggers were joining in that I just had to be part of the party :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah for you!!I am excited to see what you wear when we hang out next weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, by that time I will be about two weeks into the challenge and will be in need of a loophole day ;)

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Your blue blouse might works for a couple of days at work with a pair of jeans or something. You have made so many pretty garments, I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I do plan to wear my blouse with jeans this week! I think it look pretty cute. Thanks for the (much needed) encouragement on this challenge.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love it when people do these posts and post their outfits. IMO it is more helpful when there are less items to choose from, one has to be creative. I'm not playing along this time (it's pretty much full on summer, well, not for hear, but 90 or so ever day) and I would rather do a me-made challenge in the cooler weather if I do another. What about a graphic tee with a skirt and a jean jacket? or a blazer and scrunch the sleeves ...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, having less will surely make it more of a challenge! But I am up for it.

      Delete