Monday, May 7, 2012

MMM '12 Days 1 - 6

Oh my goodness!  I made it through the first six days of MMM '12.  I knew the first week being casual week would present a challenge, but I think I did pretty well.  Please excuse any tired eyes, most pictures were all taken around 6:30 a.m. (thanks hubby dearest for waking up early to help me out).

Day 1: Tuesday, May 1
I started the challenge with an outfit that I actually wear quite frequently.  It was the second day of month end (accounting terms here), which means a lot to do in a short amount of time.  I wanted to wear something comfortable that I wouldn't mind working a few extra hours in.


Jeans: Victoria's Secret (hand-me-ups from my sister)
Cardigan: Ann Taylor (a few years ago)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Nordstroms)

Day 2: Wednesday, May 2
Started out as another grey morning.  I wore my Floral Tea Blouse and paired it with some jeans for the first time.  I think it works quite nicely as a casual top under my aqua cardigan (which you will likely see a lot of in this challenge).  Before leaving for work, I checked on my plant that I started from seeds - look how well it is doing!


Floral Tea Blouse, paired with:
Jeans: Express (from my college days or shortly after)
Cardigan: Banana Republic (I absolutely love this and wear it all the time)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (same as yesterday)


Day 3: Thursday, May 3
Today was still casual day at work, but I left during the middle of the work day to attend my little sister's pinning ceremony.  (I'm so proud of her, she graduated this week with a B.S. in Nursing and she has worked really hard for it).  I asked my husband how I look before taking these photos and his response was "not casual".  Really dear?  It's okay 'cause he likes this dress - which by the way, I did not make.  But, I did make the slip that I am wearing underneath.  I originally made the slip to wear under my swing dress, but after wearing it with this dress, I've decided that I should find more dresses to wear in under.


Anne Adams Slip, hiding under:
Dress: White House Black Marker (Love this store, wish they used more color)
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Belt: White House Black Market (Yeah, they used color)


Day 4: Friday, May 4
Yeah, Friday!  I was starting to get concerned about what else I made that I could pair with some jeans to finish out casual week.  My Pendrell blouse made the cut, adding a sparkly belt and a some heels from Anthropologie.  Honestly, I hadn't worn the belt since I worked at J. Crew during college.  Something about having my picture taken every morning has made me much more conscientious of what I am wearing.  Also, I ironed this blouse, which I otherwise would not have :)


Mermaid Teal Pendrell, dressed down with:
Jeans: Banana Republic
Belt: J. Crew
Shoes: Anthropologie


Day 5, Saturday, May 5
To be honest, my plans were to spend the entire day lounging in my cami-knickers and possibly doing some sewing  or knitting since my hubby dearest was away for the fishing opener.  Well I got a call that there was a request for a house showing at noon, so that put the kibosh on those plans.  My day sorta went from bad to worse.  To make a long story short - I got soaking wet while walking 1.5 miles from the auto repair shop to the mall in the rain, when I finally got home I found that I was locked out of my house, I then waited about 45 minutes in the cold (remember I am still soaking wet) for my awesome realtor to let me in my house.  I had the best intentions of photographing myself looking like a wet rat in my Minoru, but wanted to change out of my wet clothes immediately.  Here is what they looked like after I took them off:

Minoru Jacket, dripping wet with
Jeans: Express
Tshirt: Martin & Osa
Tank: J. Crew

Day 6, Sunday May 6
I wore my circle skirt to church and then to brunch with my mother-in-law, mom and little sister.  I have to admit that I have't worn this skirt a whole lot since making it - I think it feels a bit costumey to me.  I'm not sure if that is because it is a full skirt that not a lot of people wear, or because I had a poodle skirt (circle skirt) costume when I was a kid.  In any case, I'm glad this challenge got me to wear this skirt and I hope to find more reasons to wear it.



Circle skirt, looking fancy with:
Blouse: Banana Republic
Shoes: Anthropologie

Please share your thoughts, constructive criticism or anything else!

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

8 comments:

  1. I love your outfits, you look so pretty. I didn't see your circle skirt until now, somehow I missed it. It's beautiful! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so generous with your words. Thank you Gina.

      Delete
  2. Too cute and you just have to love the term "hand-me-ups."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love "hand-me-ups", my little sister is much more of an avid shopper than I am - I haven't bought new jeans in years, but I have plenty of great pairs from her.

      Delete
  3. Pictures at 6:30am!? My goodness! You certainly look more awake than I would.

    Your me-made pieces are so versatile! You did a great job dressing them down a bit for your casual work week. I love all the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know 6:30 is early, but I wanted to get them in before leaving for work. I love how this challenge has opened up the possibilities for my me-made items, normally I wouldn't have paired most of these tops with jeans. I'm glad you are a color lover too, life is more fun that way. Though I admit that this is probably the most colorful part of my me-made wardrobe.

      Thanks for always being so sweet with your compliments!

      Delete
  4. Those are some lovely outfits! I think I like the Pendrell blouse best, such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks Alessa! I was a bit unsure when I first bought the fabric, but I admit that I have fallen for it :)

      Delete