Wednesday, May 23, 2012

MMM '12 Days 13 - 19

Day 13, Sunday May 13
As I mentioned in my last post, I finished this dress up the morning of Mother's day before rushing to church.  The picture was taken in my parent's back yard.  Like with anything I make, it was fun to have the compliments of family on this new dress.  My mom is always the most supportive of the things that I make.  


Day 14, Monday May 14
For me, Monday felt rather "blah" as I was getting dressed for work.  Looking at these pictures, I think it is my hair and the weird morning lighting.  Anyway, I'm wearing my Floral Tea Blouse with a basic navy pencil skirt.  A pair of red heels have been thrown in to add some excitement to an otherwise dull ensemble.

Skirt: J. Crew
Shows: J.Crew

Day 15, Tuesday May 15
I was so happy thrilled with the way this outfit turned out.  My Kiss Stitch sweater has been one of my favorite me-made items since I finished it last October and I wear it nearly every week.  However, in all that time I have never paired it with this skirt, in fact I think I have only worn it with the grey skirt from day 7.  But, I am loving the look with this skirt and these cream heels!

Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: White House Black Market

Day 16, Wednesday May 16
This is one of my classic combinations.  I love to pair this pencil skirt with my aqua cardigan.  In the fall and winter I add a pair of brown boots, which is my favorite look.  However, the warm weather has made my boots disappear in favor of my anthropologie heels.  Don't laugh too hard at my sad face from the fact that my plant is dead.  I think I make up for it with my smug "I'm too cool for this photo" grin in the next picture.

Cardigan: Banana Republic
Blouse: Banana Republic
Tank Top: Anne Taylor
Shoes: Anthropologie

Day 17, Thursday May 17
Ha, I told you guys that I love this dress.  I know I just wore it on Sunday, but I was dying to share it with my co-workers, so here it is on Thursday.  As previously mentioned, I thought the ribbon belt was too youthful for work, so today I have a black leather belt that matches my shoes.  I've also got a cardigan since the office is chilly.  I had so much fun wearing this today - it came with tons of compliments from strangers.  I think the bright, bold print is what grabs everyone's attention, because it really is a simple shift.

Cardigan: Banana Republic
Belt: White House Black Market
Shoes: J. Crew

Day 18, Friday May 18
Today was a hot, hot day!  None of my me-made items are great for the office and warm weather, so I did not wear anything me-made to work.  However, as soon as I got home I changed into my Take Me to Hawaii Lonsdale.  I opted not to take any pictures, since it would look just like the picture I took last Thursday.

Day 19, Saturday May 19
Sorry readers, but this was my first official cheat day for MMM '12!  I started out the day with a two hour long walk with the hubby (my absolute favorite thing to do).  Thunderstorms followed later that day and none of my me-made items seemed suitable for the day.  I guess this implies a big gap in my me-made items.

That is all I've got for now!  Have a great day everyone.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

9 comments:

  1. That day 15 outfit is SOOOO darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, it was one of my favorites as well :)

      Delete
  2. Those florals looks so nice on you! And such a cute self-stitched sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessa! I'm enjoying the florals too, and the sweater really is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. You look so happy in day 15! It's a gorgeous outfit :) how do you do your hair like that too! It's so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! For my hair I just french braided it on two sides and tucked the ends other each in the back and held them in place with bobby pins.

      Delete
  4. These all look wonderful! Your day 15 sweater does look great with that skirt and heels. Yay for finding new combinations! You also did a great job making your lovely floral dress look work appropriate on day 17. The cardigan and black accessories set it off nicely.

    I agree with Vicki - your braided hairstyle is lovely - I really must learn how to French braid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of hair, you mentioned a while ago that you wanted to try new hairstyles. I just discovered the Gibson Tuck in preparation for my upcoming dress. It's Edwardian, not 40s/50s but, I think it would look great! Here's a tutorial and a video. (The video variation seems slightly better for our hair length.)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jennifer. French braiding is really not that difficult, and I love how it keeps my hair up during the summer. (When I was younger, my mom would french braid my hari every day before I went to school - I think that is how I learned). Thanks for the link to the hair tutorial - I will have to try it out. Does this mean you have an Edwardian dress in the works? I can't wait to see it.

      Delete