Thursday, May 31, 2012

MMM '12 Days 20 - 31

Sorry, this is going to be a long post!  Time slipped away from me as I haven't been home much between house showings and visiting family.  So here is my final round of Me Made May 2012.

Day 20, Sunday May 20
I paired my Floral Tea Blouse with a pair of jeans and my aqua cardigan to wear to church and teaching Sunday school.  Afterwards hubby and I did some house hunting.


Days 21 - 22, Monday and Tuesday
Monday I wore my Teal Pendrell with my black pencil skirt from Lady Danburry.  Tuesday it was my Apple Orchard Blouse, an a-line skirt and my aqua cardigan.


Day 23 - 24, Wednesday and Thursday
Wednesday I word my Briar Rose sweater with a brown skirt.  Thursday it was raining out - so I had a quick picture taken before leaving for work.  I'm wearing my brown pencil skirt with a purple cardigan.


Days 25 - 28, Friday through Monday
I don't have anything for MMM '12 for these days.  Hubby and I went up to the cabin to spend time with family.  I brought my two sundresses that I had made and was planning on wearing them - the weather proved to be disagreeable with my plans.  Despite the typical Memorial Day weather that came with the weekend, it was still really good to see my hubby's side of the family - they are some of my favorite people ever.

Days 29-30, Tuesday and Wednesday
These are my last official days of MMM '12.  I wore my Floral Tea Blouse for a long day of work.  It was one of those days where I left at 6:30 and didn't get home until after 6:00 that night.  I wanted to be comfortable and this blouse proved to be just what I needed for the day.  Wednesday, I wore my Kiss Stitch Sweater just like I did on day 15.  It was my only outfit repeat during the entire month (but certainly not the only time an item was repeated).


Day 31, Thursday May 31
Sorry, no me-made item for today.  I had to wear red and khaki to work, and I don't have a single me-made item in red or khaki.  Any guesses on where I work?

I plan to do a little post with my final reflections and thoughts on MMM '12 because a zillion thoughts went through my head during this month and I want to share them with you.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

10 comments:

  1. I love your floral tea blouse! The collar detail is so pretty. I'm gong to have to find a similar pattern to make one. You an never have too many vintage blouses! x Brittany
    Va-Voom Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Brittany. I do love this blouse and have plans to make another in the fall. If you have trouble finding a similar pattern, I would be happy to send you a copy of mine (I enjoy sharing).

      Delete
  2. Your apple orchard blouse is so pretty! :) I also love the posing-in-the-rain pic, it looks hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessa. The apple orchard blouse is one of my most worn me-made items. As for the picture in the rain - I need to have some fun with taking these pictures ;) It actually reminds me of a friend of mine.

      Delete
  3. All very cute! You've done a great job finding new combinations and avoiding repeats! I agree with Alessa - love the rainy day photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad you like the rainy day photo. Every once and while I like to have a little fun with taking pictures - to at least amuse the hubby while he takes them. I can't believe I made it through the whole month with only one outfit repeat.

      Delete
  4. house hunting, fun!! I hope you find something that you love, and doesn't require too many compromises with "ideal". I love that Kiss stitch sweater. I really need to knit a lovely short sleeve sweater for myself ... sometime... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably one of the pickiest house hunters out there - I want everything (great home, nice neighborhood, good school district, low crime, close to church, close to family, close to work, old world charm, modern convenienve . . . oh the list goes on). Yes, you should knit yourself a lovely sweater - you have the talent for it. Though I would avoid alpaca (what my sweater is made from) as it is still very warm even though it is a fine gauge and a short-sleeve sweater.

      Delete
  5. Hi Annabelle! This is your swap partner, Roisin. I hadn't seen your blog before either and am so glad to have found it - I'm off to have a nose around and then I'll email you! xx

    ReplyDelete