Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MMM '12 Days 7-12

First of all, thank you everyone for sharing your stories on my last post!  It was so much fun to read your comments and I feel much better about my pattern purchase.  I am a little behind in getting this post up as it has been difficult to find time to be at my computer.  It seems I am either getting my house ready for a showing, getting out of the house for a showing or doing some house hunting.  I can't wait for an evening to just spend at home.

Me Made May outfit posts continue!

Day 7, Monday May 7
Monday I was trying to go for a 1940's look.  What do you think, did I succeed?  I started with my 1940's Briar Rose sweater, and a-line skirt and my new red lipstick.  I bought my first red lipstick about a year ago and was never really happy with it, but I am liking this new one.


Briar Rose, stepping back in time with:
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Anthropologie

Day 8, Tuesday May 8
So last night I decided to put my hair in rollers, envisioning a mane of gorgeous locks the next morning.  Well let me tell you, after taking the rollers out this morning I looked like Miss Texas 1988 - which was not the look I was going for.  (No offense if you are Miss Texas from 1988, I'm sure big hair was all the rage back then).  Conclusion: a night of crappy sleep is so not worth it for this hair, probably won't be trying this again.  
Onto the outfit!  I wore my Pretty on the Inside Skirt that I made last summer.  I did not love this skirt when I first made it, but I have since lost a teeny, tiny bit of weight and now it fits just perfect.  I actually wear it nearly every week.  I'm also wearing a fun satin scarf, one of my few accessories - but I am always happy when I wear it.


Pretty on the Inside Skirt, all pretty with:
Sweater: Banana Repulic
Scarf: Banana Republic (I swear to do shop elsewhere)
Shoes: Via Spiga - Bloomingdales, before it closed :(

Day 9, Wednesday May 9
The hair drama continues!  I mentioned that yesterday the rollers didn't seem to set as I was expecting, well today I woke up to no hot water in my house!  That meant not shower, so I decided to throw my hair in braids.
For today I wore my swing dress.  I almost always wear it as I wore it when I originally photographed the finished dress - with a brooch at the neckline and my black and cream shoes (with this navy dress).  I decided to try something a little different for MMM '12, so I layered a pink cami underneath and wore my grey strappy heals.  The photos didn't turn out the best, but I think it worked.



Day 10, Thursday, May 10
I hope you are all still curious about what drama could possibly ensue today.  Well, the guy who came to fix our water heater said it was beyond repair and we needed a new one.  No problem.  Oh wait, it wouldn't be installed until sometime on Thursday. I decided that I just could not go to work yet another day without a shower.  Luckily I was able to work from home and hide my greasy hair from society.  As soon as the guy who replaced the water heater left, I ran upstairs to take a lovely hot shower.  You don't realize what a luxury it is until you have to go a few days without one.  With my day half over, and no need to return to the office, I threw on my Hawaii Lonsdale dress.  It turned out to be  perfect with the warm weather that day.  I also wore it our to dinner while Hubby Dearest and I were forced to go on a date while our house was being shown.



Day 11, Friday, May 11
Casual Friday!  It's always good when Friday rolls around.  This outfit looks pretty similar to something from week one - I promised there would be repeats, I do not have a lot of me-made clothing.


Day 12, Saturday, May 12
Today I was lucky enough to have a friend come and visit.  We spent a few hours just catching up on life before I had a bridal shower to run off to.  Since it was another beautiful day, I took advantage of the opportunity to wear my Little Sunnie dress.


Sorry I sort of got lazy and didn't share all the outfit details.  If you are dying to know about a particular item, just let me know and I will share the details.

I'm far enough behind in this post that there are several more days to record.  However, since I care about you and do not want to overwhelm, I will save those for the next post.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my first time altering a pattern to make it into something completely different - the original pattern is a 1940's slip that is far more conservative than my dress ;)

      Delete
  2. All very cute outfits! I do think the first one is 40's-esque, well done. I really like the second one too. The scarf was a nice touch. Very cute hairstyles as well! I can't blame you for not wanting to sleep in rollers though. I can't sleep well on them either. Perhaps you (we) should try pin curls? They're supposed to be more comfortable to sleep on and give a different look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually hoping to try pin curls sometime. I know Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage will be posting a tutorial sometime soon. We should learn how, it would be fun!

      Delete
  3. Your Lonsdale dress is AWESOME!!! Love that fabric and you look so incredibly chic and gorgeous!! :) Love that last dress too - great border print! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Symon! The Lonsdale is made of rayon (a great fabric for a hot day). The border print fabric was one of my first fabric purchases - I was going to make a tank top from it. I'm so glad I saved it for this dress instead.

      Delete
  4. Cute outfits all the way through - I especially like the Lonsdale on you, such a great fabric and nice fit! That sleeveless dress looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the Lonsdale using rayon - it was the first time I had used rayon and it is a magic fabric for summer. I cannot believe how cool it is. However, I did have a hard time cutting the fabric, since it was very shifty.

      Delete