Monday, June 18, 2012

Some Really Good News!



Hubby and I sold our house.  I hope I am not jinxing it by posting this, because it was sold subject to inspection and appraisal, but this is such good news.  It is also the explanation of why I haven't posted in at least three weeks.  Despite my lack of posting, I've been finding blurbs of time here and there to keep up with your posts and it has been fun to see every one's summer sewing.

Although my time has been filled with cleaning the house, negotiations, house hunting and packing, I did find some time to sew a dress for my cousin's wedding earlier this month.  I didn't have a chance to take pictures at the wedding, but hopefully there will be some time to get that post up soon - I'm excited to share my new dress with you.


In the meantime, my posting will likely be less than usual (which is a bummer because I have tons of ideas and things that I want to post on).  There are even a few posts that I missed.  I was hoping to do a quick recap of Me-Made-May, since it went much better than I was expecting.  I also wanted a mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey post about my two-year anniversary with my darling.  (Perhaps you are relieved that I spared you on this one - no worries, I plan on a lifetime of joyful anniversaries, so I will likely have many opportunities to gush about the hubby in the future).


Oh yes, in case you are wondering, these lovely flower photos were all picked from our garden and displayed around the house to entice potential buyers.  I like to think this is what sold the house, though I am pretty sure are great realtor had something to do with it.

You are all awesome and I hope to have some fun things to share with you soon.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

14 comments:

  1. Hooray!! Congratulations!! I agree - it must have been those lovely flowers :-) (They really are pretty.) I hope the closing/move go smoothly for you. I can't wait to see this new dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The whole housing thing has been more emotional than I expected, but I'm hoping for good things. There are a few homes that I have fallen in love with. I'll try to get some dress pictures soon.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! On the anniversary and on selling the house! How incredibly exciting - I'm glad it's all good things that have kept you so busy.

    The flowers are gorgeous. I particularly love the last photo - so bright and summery.

    Good luck with everything house wise going forward. I can't wait to see the new dress but I know that moving is challenging so as and when you're able to. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the last bouquet is the one that I was the happiest with too. Thanks for being excited with me Vicki - it means a lot :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I hope it all goes through quickly and without a hitch, and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tors! We haven't found a house yet, but I am lookiing for that "happily ever after" cottage to make all my fairy tale dreams come true.

      Delete
  4. congrats on selling the house!! love those pretty flowers & am super impressed you still managed to find sewing time! :) also, congrats on 2 years of marriage - I love a good love story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Symon. I can't believe I found time to sew my dress either - it almost didn't happen. I even came home over lunch to do some sewing (and accidentally took an hour an a half lunch).

      Your anniversary congrats warm my heart - thank you.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finding a buyer for the house. I am certain the closing will go well and that you will find the perfect new house.
    Best wishes on your wedding anniversary. We went to a wedding last Friday; it made me think of you. There will be many more years when you can express your extreme joy upon your anniversary and your very dear husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Linda! You anniversary wishes mean a lot, and you are right - there will be many more years to express my extreme joy over my dear husband. The house stuff is still going well, inspection was a breeze and we only have a few small repairs to do!

      Delete
  6. Yeah! You and me both lacking posts! :) Im on my way back to MN today. We should catch up soon! I think it sold because i helped wash the windows! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I both talked about it, and we are quite certain that you being here the day the windows were washed played a very important role in the sale of our home :) I hope we can connect while you are in MN!

      Delete
  7. We had a house once that took 17 months to sell ... so glad yours sold ! hope you find the one of your dreams...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it would be hard to wait 17 months to sell a home. We swallowed some tough advice from our realtor and priced the house to sell, so while the lower selling price was hard to deal with, the relief of having it over was worth it. Still looking for the house of our dreams though . . .

      Delete