Monday, October 22, 2012

Vestee Sweater

I love when other bloggers find ways to share their knitting patterns.  Actually, my Briar Rose and Kiss Stitch sweaters were only made possible because other bloggers were so kind as to share their patterns. I also frequent Liz's free knitting patterns quite often (I want to make this one, this one and this one) so I decided it was about time that I shared my patterns as well.  I actually only own one knitting book, but a friend from my knitting group let me borrow her mother's knitting magazine; a Woman's Day from 1952.


Now Woman's Day is still around and publishing magazines for women, though I don't think they still publish knitting patterns.  So I am not sure if this produces any problems.  I guess I can continue to share patterns until I am told not to. 

I thought this Vestee Sweater was a great pattern to start with, as fall is here and there are some fall-like leaves in the top corner of the picture.  Since the picture is black and white, I suppose they could be spring green leaves, but the outfit lends itself to be more of a fall look rather than spring or summer.


I love how this sweater looks almost like a jacket, it really is perfect for fall.  The models throughout this magazine are seriously gorgeous, and this one is no exception, I only wish these images were in color!  No sense in wishing for what we can't have though.  But what we can have is the ability to reproduce this sweater.  Below are the instructions.

Sorry that I am not super tech-savvy, so I don't know a great way to share these images with you.  If you copy and paste these scans into a word document the font is much larger (legible actually).  Please do share if you decide to knit this up.  I've got some knitting WIPs that I would like to complete before starting anything new, so this won't show up on my needles for quite some time.


What has been on your knitting needles lately?

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

7 comments:

  1. I did not realize you were a knitter! I admire that; it's way beyond my ken :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love to knit! I just don't spend as much time on it as I should, but I've got a few projects that I will be finishing up and sharing here :)

      Delete
  2. Great pattern, Anabelle. Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I will be sharing more from time to time. Is there anything you would like to see?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing :) It is a lovely sweater!
    If you want to share a PDF, you can download (for free) cute pdf, which allows you to easily make a PDF. Then you can upload them (for free) to google drive, where if you share you file with everyone who has the link, they can download it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great advice Rachel! I was actually wondering how some other bloggers managed to have a link to the pdf. Thank you, I will try that with future patterns.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome :) It is how I have done mine ;)

      Delete