Monday, November 5, 2012

Bow-Tie Spencer

Hi everyone, I've got another vintage knitting pattern that I want to share with you.  This one is called the Bow-Tie Spencer.  I love the glamourous styling of this sweater and the center bow is the perfect touch.


Thanks to Rachel I was able to create a link to the pdf with the instructions.  There are two pages of instructions for this sweater.  Click on the links below to be taken to those pages (and let me know if I did something wrong and it doesn't work).


This sweater comes in sizes 12, 14, and 16 and has a gauge of 8 stitches to the inch.  I like the way this sweater looks with the black gloves and for-fitting dress, however it's a bit too glamourous for my life.  I can see a heather grey sweater paired with a black tank top and jeans.  Or quite possibly a kelly green sweater worn with a plumb pencil skirt.

How would you style this sweater for you life?

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

7 comments:

  1. Adorable :) I just love anything with a bow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, anything with a bow is worth wearing :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I like this. I probably won't make it ... as after the shrug a year or so ago I realized I really need to stick with lacework and short sleeves for our weather in texas .... but! this is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, your climate has a big impact on the ability to wear knits. THe good thing is lace knits ups fairly quickly because of all the "holes" and always looks lovely. I'll see if I have any lace patterns that I can share for the future.

      Delete
  3. So cute! Makes me wish I knew how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke, you should learn how to knit, it is a wonderful hobby! I know you are very busy with you sewing business, but knitting can compliment sewing quite well ;)

      Delete
  4. Saved аs a favorіte, I really likе уour
    site!
    Also visit my blog ... pikavippii

    ReplyDelete