Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Annabelle's Bump!


That's right everyone, hubby and I decided shortly after moving into our new home that it was time to start filling those bedrooms up!  Beginning this July we will be a family of three.


I cannot tell you how difficult it is to keep this kind of thing a secret.  Since Halloween I have felt like a little volcano ready to explode with my joyful news!  But more fun than sharing the news myself, was watching as hubby shared the news with his family.  I think he was actually more excited than me - he can't wait to be a daddy.  I can't wait to for him to be one either, this is going to be one lucky kid.


 We're holding little diapers for a boy or girl in these photos.  We're not going to find out the baby's sex until he or she arrives - so we're going to be prepared for both.  And I know I've already got a bit of a belly in these photos!  In the last few weeks my appetite has really kicked in, and I'm already 13-1/2 weeks along.

As a side note, my blog name (AnnabelleBumps) has nothing to do with a baby bump or being pregnant.  When I was a little girl and got the chicken pox, my dad started calling my Annabellebumps - on account of being covered in little red bumps.  (My poor dad also got the chicken pox with my sister and I and we called him Daddybumps!)  The nickname sort of stuck, and when coming up with a name for my blog I thought it would be something fun to use that was meaningful to me.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

36 comments:

  1. Ann, congratulations to you both! What exciting news, I'm thrilled for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, how lovely! Congratulations, Annabelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!! Congratulations to you both!! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is wonderful. Thank you Jennifer!

      Delete
  4. A super big congrats!! That is such exciting news! I love the picture of you two holding the wee little nappies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! I love the nappies, they are too cute :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! I'm sure you will have tons of fun sewing/knitting for the lucky baby! And now you can use that vintage maternity pattern you bought a while back. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! And the best part about that pattern - it is perfect for summer, when I will be at my biggest.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, this is very exciting. You will have fun making clothes for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I have bought a few baby patterns already, though I am going to focus on maternity patterns first.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's fabulous news :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Annabelle! Exciting news indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! Very exciting times ahead for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What exciting news for you and your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Annabelle, how did I miss this?! I'm delighted for you. Congratulations <3

    ConstantlyAlice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!!!!! You finally get to let it out!!! I'm so happy for you! And you look simply GORGEOUS!!! *big big hugs!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you are too kind. Thank you Amanda!

      Delete
  14. I was wondering how you were doing and I've been thinking of you loads! I'm so pleased you're sharing the news and that Mr is so excited! I'm ridiculously happy for you both! Big hugs and kisses to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki, it means A LOT to me! We are both so happy about this :)

      Delete
  15. Awwww! Congrats Annabelle! Such a sweet little bump you have and I love your green dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I have been looking for a green dress for a while - it's actually not a maternity dress so I will be able to wear even after the baby arrives :)

      Delete
  16. ooooh, so here's the post I missed!! Such fun!! We didn't find out the gender until goose was born and I highly recommend it. A good surprise guaranteed on a day that may have many surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I was wondering if you had missed this post since I figured you would have shared in my excitement :) Yes, we really love the idea of a surprise when it comes to the baby's gender.

      Delete