Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sweet Memories of 2012

I know I am a bit late on this post as it is already 2013, but I really wanted to do a review of 2012 since I am quite pleased with my accomplishments throughout the year.


The year started out with my German Pattern Experiment where I hoped to sew as many items from my German pattern magazine as I could.  I worked hard trying to decipher the pattern pieces from the giant map of patterns.  By February I completed a pair of Cami-Knickers and offered the pattern to my followers.  I quickly lost interest in my German Pattern Experiment as so many other patterns had my attention.

In addition to my German Pattern experiment, the beginning of year had me participating in two sew alongs:  Anna's Ooh La La Corset and and Tasia's Minoru.  I love Anna's lingerie patterns and really hope to sew a few more of them this year.

This was also the first year that I participated in Me Made May, I was able to wear a me-made item nearly every day of May.  With the few more garments that I added throughout the year, Me Made May could be a success in 2013.

Once spring rolled around, it seemed that each garment I completed became my favorite, starting with my Floral Tea Blouse.  Not long after, I decided that my Pretty Feminine Dress was a new wardrobe staple.  But my absolute favorite make of 2012 was my Autumn Joy Shirtwaist Dress.  The year was finished out with my Cheeky as You Please Sweater, which brought my total to eleven garments for the year.

I know that 2012 could have been a really big year for sewing if I had continued with the momentum started early in the year.  However, the time it took to sell our house, hunt for a new one and move twice really drained me in the second half of the year.  But, I am happy to say that I love our home and we have no plans to move any time soon.  Slowly with the start of a new year I am organizing my sewing space and formulating some plans for 2013.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle


8 comments:

  1. It's been a full on year; moving once is hard... Twice?! And you've made some beautiful things along the way. Wishing you much love and happiness for this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, you are so sweet. Yes moving twice was not in our original plans, but had to be done since we weren't able to find a house before our old one sold. So glad to be through all of that and looking forward to what 2013 holds.

      Delete
  2. I love these kinds of posts, I think they really put in to perspective what you achieved, what you went through and what you loved in a year, and it certainly sounds like you were busy! I hope 2013 is an amazing year for you, I look forward to reading your adventures over the next 12 months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the great encouragement for 2013 - I hope I don't let you down.

      Delete
  3. You've had a great year! If you didn't have the quantity of makes you would have liked, you MORE than made up for it in quality! Your makes are all superb, and that feeling you describe of each new one being your favourite.... well that's the dream we're all chasing, and you've caught it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a sweet comment, thank you so much Amanda!

      Delete
  4. You definitely have done a fantastic job in 2012 and I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2013. I wish you the best this year!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete