I've definitely become a bit more interested in knitting lately. I've been visiting ravlery on a far-too-frequent basis as well as pouring through my A Stitch in Time vol. II book that I've had for a year now. I've decided to set three goals for myself, with the hopes of accomplishing at least two of them (hey, it's already a stretch since I only knit one item for myself last year).
1) Participate in the All Things Vintage KAL. This is a group on ravelry that is taking the next three months to have a KAL, and six patterns have been selected. The one that I nominated (from Liz's blog) even was chosen! So of course I will be knitting up the Striped Jumper. I've already chosen my yarn, it's the first time that I haven't purchased yarn on sale, but I got 15% off on account of it being my birthday month - so that almost counts. This KAL is only three months and it took me over a full year to knit my last sweater, so I am going to need to be very determined if I want to finish this on time. I plan on posting a few progress posts so you can give me a swift kick in the pants if I need one ;)
2) Knit myself something from A Stitch in Time. I've definitely been leaning towards the Blouse with Gathered Neckline - it's the reason I wanted the book. I love knitting with lace yarn, it just takes sooo long to finish a sweater. But I know it can be done, Opalrose did a fantastic job on hers.
3) Cardigans are a staple in my wardrobe, especially for work. I need more of them, and in some fun colors. I want to knit Georgia, by Jane Richmond. I've got the pattern and the yarn all figured out, I just need to find the time.
While I am still very interested in sewing, I feel like I don't have a lot of direction with what I want to make this year. As in the past years, I would like to keep a good mix of vintage and modern patterns.
1) I want to start sewing with knits! I don't know why I've felt intimidated by them, I have no problem sewing with silk, wool or rayon - so why not add knits to the group? I even have a few patterns on hand that call for knit fabrics - so this is the year to do it.
2) Keeping with my German Pattern Experiment that I started last year, I would like to make at least one more pattern this year and reproduce it for my followers. I am still getting requests for the pattern that I shared last year, so I know there is an interest from others. Plus, there are so many patterns that I want to make. So if I make the goal of just one more, I think that is reasonable.
3) Like 2012, 2013 will be a year of weddings - I've already been told of two and have speculations for others. I would like to make another dress to wear to weddings. Why not just use the ones I made last year, well it will be a lot of the same people and a girl ought to have a new dress.
4) I also really want to make a quilt for myself. Before I even bought my sewing machine, I bought all of the supplies to make a quilt for myself. I'm not sure I love the pattern and fabric that I picked out six years ago, but I can always start fresh. I just love the idea of a hand made quilt.
|Quilt by Tallgrass Prairie Studio|
Live in this moment and love life!