Tuesday, February 19, 2013

We've Been Sewing - 20 Weeks


Lately, whenever some refers to myself or the baby I've been responding with we . . .  How is the baby doing?  We are doing great (said while cradling my little bump).  The team is going to Chipotle for lunch, do you like Chipotle?  Oh yes, we really like Chipotle! (Also said while cradling my bump).

Oh yes, we really like Chipotle!
So while Little Pooh likely has no idea of my doings, I still say that we have been sewing - more specifically, we have been sewing for us.  When I initially set out my maternity to-do list, the first thing on the list on was a shirtwaist dress that would fit me now as well as be a great outfit for nursing later this summer.  Being fed up with the poor quality of maternity clothes, I decided to go all out with this dress and make bound button holes and conceal every raw edge.  I maybe put too much effort into this dress, but I want something that will make me feel pretty once my little one is here and I am tired of the baby weight.

Bound button hole.

Doesn't pretty finishing make you smile?
Another time consuming process on this baby was matching up the plaid.  It was impossible to completely match up everything, with the darts, folds, gathers - and the fact that this is a one-way plaid - but I matched it up in as many places as I possibly could.  Check out this front photo - that is 5 pieces (left bodice, right bodice, left skirt, right skirt, and button placket) all coming together in perfect harmony down the center front of the dress!


I'm actually pretty happy with the way the dress turned out.  It fits me right now at 20 weeks, so I should have no problem fitting into it again come July.  The dress also looks pretty good on my non-pregnant dress form, so I'm hoping it will look equally as stunning on me once I've lost the baby tummy.

On my dress from - sans baby bump
Can you believe that I am at 20 weeks already?  I'm halfway there, just 20 more weeks more (approximately) and I can hold my little one in my arms.  Oh, how I am anticipating that day.

What do you think - can I pull off "Cool Mommy"?

 Okay, I've got some serious knitting to get back to.  But I am so happy to have this dress completed.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

16 comments:

  1. The dress is gorgeous and you should feel wonderful in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I sure do feel wonderful in it :)

      Delete
  2. Great job on all the nice finishing and plaid matching. How could you not feel pretty in such a wonderful dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I am enjoying the "pretty" factor from this dress.

      Delete
  3. Oh Anne! What a gorgeous dress and is it 20 weeks already?! You look beautiful and I love that you're a 'we'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Vicki. I seriously love using "we" right now, I might even over use it - but I don't care.

      Delete
  4. The dress is beautiful! I love the 'bonded' button holes. The dress looks professionally made. I look forward to seeing your 'future' projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debrarae! I hope to have some more sewing for the two of us soon ;)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty details and wonderful plaid matching! Definitely a practical dress you can wear for years. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brooke! I love how the shirtwaist dress is back in style, it really is practical.

      Delete
  6. You both look great! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't BELIEVE it's 20 weeks already!! You look great, and you did an amazing job on the dress! :) Smart move making it extra special; you know you're gonna appreciate that later, when feeling pretty shouldn't require too much effort ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Amanda! I've almost reached the last wear out of this dress until the baby arrives and I am so looking forward to wearing it this summer.

      Delete
  8. This dress turned out amazing!! You are just so talented, it looks gorgeous on you.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete