Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Basics and Baby Kicks



Why hello!  I know I haven't posted in two weeks, but we've been a bit under the weather and needed some rest.  Needless to say, by last Saturday we were feeling much better.  Now that my bump has continued to expand, I'm fitting into less and less of my regular clothing - especially my tops.  This was the perfect opportunity to start sewing up some maternity basics, and am I ever thankful for Megan Nielsen and her line of maternity patterns.  


These patterns are labeled for the beginning sewist, and I while I have had some nice experience sewing - I have never sewn with knits before.  Was this pattern ever a breeze to sew up!  I now feel ashamed that I've had this lovely sea green knit in my stash since Tasia first released her Renfrew pattern.  I was too intimidated to sew with knits, but now I see how easy they are.


So while I've started adding some basics to my maternity wardrobe, Little Pooh is starting to show more signs of growth.  This was the first week that Daddy got to feel Little Pooh's baby kicks!  I've been feeling tiny baby kicks for a while, and it was fun to finally share the experience with my hubby.  This sort of thing just gets me more and more excited to meet you, my little one.

One of the things that I love about this Ruched Maternity Top is that I can comfortably wear it now, but I can tell that it will still fit even when my belly is out to here . . .




That's all we've got for now.

Live in this moment and love life!
Annabelle

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and how exciting it is that the little kicks have started. You two look adorable in your new top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) All of the little things are so exciting right now, all building up to the great excitement of when I actually get to meet my little one.

      Delete
  2. Out to there?? You didn't say anything about twins. This is such an exciting time for you and I am very glad that you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no twins :) I guess I probably won't get that big, or at least I hope I don't. Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

      Delete
  3. You are glowing in these photos, I'm so very happy for you. And this shade of green is just beautiful on you :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie! The green is one of my favorite colors - so thanks for giving me an extra reason to love it :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, how cute are you two?? ^_^ I love that colour on you - you look so glowing and rosy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, we are pretty happy about our new shirt :)

      Delete
  5. Awww these photos are so cute, as is you and your new blouse. I love Megan Nielsen's maternity patterns... I wish I could make them for my non-pregnant self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! She does have some fun maternity patterns, I hope to soon be sewing up the one that I wish I could wear outside of pregnancy.

      Delete
  6. so cute....! I've admired Megan Nielsson's patterns from a distance as I have no need for them at this season, but if I did that's where I'd go first. I'm going to enjoy yours vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! I think you were one of the first people to point me in the direction of Megan Nielsen when I posted about that vintage maternity dress last summer.

      Delete
  7. OMG! I can't believe how much you are showing!! I feel like it was only yesterday that you were pregnant, and now, its almost spring, which means its almost SUMMER!! Great job on the top! I am making a Hawaiian quilted pillow, and it is all hand stitching... we will see how this turns out! Miss you bunches, and hope you are feeling a ton better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lighting for these lovely shots. At the risk of sounding cliche, you really are glowing here, gorgeous gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures, Annabelle! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! Please email me when you get a free moment at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete