Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fall Sewing Mood Board

I have participated in the Colette Spring and Fall Palette challenges in the past and always enjoyed the process.  While they seem to have stopped hosting them, I still like to follow their general structure when it comes to planning out my sewing.  I admit that in the past I have not done a very good job with planning or follow through.  This is partly due to the fact that I have not created an actual wardrobe with either of my challenges (my fall challenge had a blouse and a skirt, but they did not go together really well, and my spring challenge had two dresses).

I am going to do things differently this year, starting with a beautiful mood board.  Fall is so beautiful, one of the things I love about this time of year is taking a walk through nature and my neighborhood.  I love stumbling upon a deer in quiet of the morning, or seeing cattails along the water.  When the fall flowers start to bloom, it truly is a beautiful sight.

Photo credit (clockwise from top left) 1. Flowers 2. Flowers 3. Fawn  4. Cattails 5. Flowers 6. Flowers

I am going to look for shades of brown as my neutral, and accent it with shades of purples, pinks, reds, and gold.  What images of fall inspire you the most?  For those sewists in the northern hemisphere, are you planning a fall wardrobe?  Now I'm off to start sorting through my fabric stash and pattern collection!

Annabelle

P.S.  Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts on what I should do about my two sweaters.  You all are an optimistic bunch as I assumed they would both be frogged!  Thanks to you, I have decided to finish the yellow sweater and possibly start over on the plum cardigan.

6 comments:

  1. Well, you know my current conundrum so I don't have a lot to share BUT I think your palette is beautiful! They sound like they'll be wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about it. I just hope that I can follow through this time.

      Delete
  2. How methodical of you. Just today I finished stitching a skirt except for the hem. I am on a deadline to finish by a week from tomorrow to wear it with a specific top that does not have a skirt or even slacks. This kind of planning is about as close as I come to planning a unified wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't take credit for the method, Colette Patterns hosted these wardrobe challenges a few years ago. However, I am really excited about my plans for this fall. I hope you finish your skirt by the deadline. I hate deadline sewing as it always stresses me out, but I still do it all the time. I hope you will share your skirt on your blog when it is done.

      Delete
  3. Hey! great blog. I will try my hand at crocheting a blanket this winter. I hope to show you in the spring. Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. Wow, I think it would be a ton of work to crochet a blanket. I would love to see it once you finish it :)

      Delete