Thursday, September 25, 2014

Picking up my Knitting


Last week I went to visit my Baba and Dido to see if the beets in their garden were ready because I wanted to make some borscht.  While I was there, my Baba picket a bouquet of flowers for my daughter.  As my little girl was having fun running around their yard with the flowers in hand, I decided they were as much my flowers as they were hers (ha-ha-ha, evil mom laugh).  So, when we got home, the flowers were given water and put in a vase in the center of the kitchen table for all to enjoy.

Getting flowers from my Baba and Dido's garden is a memory from my childhood that I will always cherish, but I think I love it just as much now that I am an adult.  Does that ever happen to you, where childhood memories seem just as wonderful now?  As I was getting all nostalgic and admiring this beautiful bouquet, I couldn't help but see my fall mood board in these flowers.  Of course this just made me happy; inspiration to keep sewing.


But I really didn't feel like sewing.  After my crazy week of sewing to get my dress completed for the Fall Bombers Moon Ball, I kind of needed a little break from my sewing room.  However, I still really wanted to work on my fall mini wardrobe.  It was at that point that I noticed my too-small-Georgia sweater fit in quite nicely with my fall sewing plans.  While I was super encouraged by all of your comments to complete my yellow sweater, I decided to start unraveling the plum cardigan and begin work on that instead.  I think this will be the perfect addition to my fall mini wardrobe.

Annabelle

6 comments:

  1. I love that your new/old cardigan matches your pretty flowers. Happy knitting Annabelle. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, I have really been enjoying knitting again! I think I've spent a zillion hours on ravlery just browsing too :)

      Delete
  2. That is seriously the BEST thing about knitting… it fits so perfectly into those cracks when you don't feel like sewing - it's a whole different mentality, isn't it? Very soothing and therapeutic, and then suddenly you have a pretty new sweater - yay! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that, the BEST thing about knitting is it allows me to keep making when I don't feel like sewing. I have really been in a knitting mood lately, so hopefully I will have a new sweater soon :)

      Delete
  3. As soon as I saw your flowers, I thought about you fall mood board and how well they fit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the immediate resemblance!

      Delete