Thursday, October 16, 2014

Green and Gold for the Win!


I didn't have as much time for knitting or sewing this week as I wanted, so I don't have anything to share from my fall sewing and knitting plans.  However, I do have a darling face to show off :)

Over the summer I knit my daughter a hat in Packers colors to wear this fall and winter.  It was all done except for the pom-pom.  I wanted to make sure that I would have enough yarn to knit a green hat in the next size up.  As the weather cooled down, I started having my daughter wear her pom-pom-less hat, but I felt it really needed the pom-pom.  This forced me to finish the larger hat, so I could see how much yarn would be left for the pom-pom on this hat.  Luckily, toddler hats don't use a lot of yarn, so there was plenty left over to make a nice full pom-pom.


I know I've shared this hat pattern a billion times on this blog (okay, not quite a billion, but a few times at least), but it's just a great hat.  My little girl actually likes wearing it.  All summer she tears off her sun hats and runs away.  But now that the weather has cooled, when she wants to go outside, she brings me her shoes and hat.  She rarely tries to take the hat off when we are outside.


Part of me feels bad for making her a hat in the colors of a sports team (we don't even let her watch tv yet, so she really has no idea what Packers football is all about).  The hat does look like it belongs to a little boy, but all I see is my baby girl when I see her wearing this hat.


Now that my little one is set with a hat for winter, I realize that I have never knit myself a hat and I could sure use one.  Does anyone have an adult hat pattern that they simply love?  It needs to be something that will keep my head and ears warm, not a fashion hat for winter.  My girl loves to be outdoors, and I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time tromping through the snow this winter.  Eek, it just feels wrong to be talking about snow and winter already, but truly it is just around the corner!

Annabelle

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet child she is. She is growing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. She is truly a blessing in my life. My husband and I can't get enough of her :)

      Delete
  2. Too too cute! And also that hat is the same colours as our local football (soccer) team. Not that I'm a fan, it's just what immediately comes to mind when I see green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so funny that these colors are the same as your local soccer team. Don't worry, I won't make your baby a green and yellow cardigan - it will be more baby appropriate :)

      Delete