Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pretty Mommy | Making it Work

Wow, I can't believe the entire month of February went by and I didn't even post once!  I shared my big news with you all, then dropped out of the blog world.  I was hoping that I would start getting excited about sewing for my bump, but as with my first pregnancy, it takes a while for the bump to make an appearance.  Finally, this past week the bump showed up, so I'm a little more motivated to start some maternity sewing.

In the mean time, I've been making my normal wardrobe work for me.  It seems that a cardigan, loose fitting shirt, and jeans are my mommy uniform!  Seriously, I wear this look almost every day - just mixing up the cardigans, tops and jeans.  It works though, and it looks mostly pulled together (at least to my standards, haha).

Cardigan: Banana Republic
Blouse: Made by Me
Jeans: Express
Shoes: Anthropologie

So, this is what 19 weeks looks like for me.  I have to admit that I am one of those people who actually likes being pregnant (after the first trimester).  I love watching my belly grow and feeling the baby move around inside.  And I'm amazed that I'm around the halfway point, this pregnancy is going by fast!


 As I mentioned, I'm hoping to have some sewing inspiration soon - now that there's actually a bump to sew for.  I've been doing some test knits recently, which has been eating up my free time (speaking of eating, I could go for some yogurt and granola right now . . . )  I'll be sharing those final projects here in the coming weeks - buying myself some time to figure out if I will actually get motivated to start sewing.

Annabelle

6 comments:

  1. Wait - Whaaat?? How did I miss your first post?!

    Mega congrats on baby #2, Annabelle!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I'm glad to hear from you, as your space has been quiet for quite some time. I hope that all is well with you and that you will find some sewing, knitting blogging time soon ;)

      Delete
  2. I adore that last photo!
    Enjoy every moment, it'll fly past! I now want yoghurt too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love getting kisses from my girl! Haha, sorry to encourage the food cravings - I think yogurt is one of those foods that is good for lactation, if you are still nursing . . .

      Delete
  3. You look so beautiful - love that last pic of you and your little one kissing your face - adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a pretty lucky mom, because I get kisses all of the time from my girl ;)

      Delete