Thursday, May 7, 2015

I See You!


I told you all that I have been addicted to test knitting lately.  Seriously, I can't get enough of knitting cute things - especially when it means that I also gets to help out an indie pattern designer.  After I finished my last test knit, I did tell myself no more, I'm done.  Before I even got that project posted, I saw that Lisa had another test knit posted to her group.  The test knit was already in progress with nearly every slot filled up - every slot except for one 6 month size.  How convenient, my nephew is currently wearing 3 to 6 month clothing!  Yep, without even a second thought to all of the things I wanted to sew and knit for myself I went ahead and volunteered to fill that spot.  I think I need to be better about setting boundaries.


Lisa's latest sweater is called Peekaboo, it's a raglan sleeve sweater with what looks like a second layer underneath.  I love the concept.  The sweater is supposed to be knit in a solid color with the under-layer knit in stripes.  After volunteering for the project, I realized that I did not have any worsted yarn in my stash, so I went yarn shopping.  Unfortunately my LYS did not have enough yarn in a single color that I liked for this sweater, as a result I knit stripes throughout the main portion of the sweater and knit the under-layer as a solid.  I still kind of wish I had been able to make the pattern as intended, but I do like how this turned out.  I think the orange really pops against the blue and green.


I am such a fan of Lisa's pattern designing skills.  In my last test knit for her, I loved the texture she added to the sweater.  In this pattern, I love the layered look that is created without there actually being two layers in the sweater.  I find myself thinking that this would be a clever addition to some of the patterns that I want to knit for myself.


It's a pretty good thing that my model was on his best behavior and gave me lots of smiles, because my daughter kept photo bombing my pictures.  I can't tell you how many pictures had her little hands trying tickle my model's tummy or hand him a toy.  It's always precious to see her so eager to help take care of this guy, I think that she will make an excellent big sister later this year!


Annabelle

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is so adorably cute! And so is your model - that grin! Love it!! :)

    Love the colours you used as well, they go together fantastically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors were a happy accident; so I am pretty pleased that it turned out.

      Delete