Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Little Something for Me!

While you may have noticed that a lot of my knitting lately has been geared towards my daughter and nephew - I only recently noticed that there has been a lot more unselfish knitting going on than I planned.  I don't know how many of you are familiar with ravelry, but once quick glance at my featured finished objects section shows that eight of my last nine projects have been for people other than me.  Taking into consideration that I also have a few little projects for baby that I had yet to add finished photos of, my own mug was about to be bumped off of my featured finished objects!  Now, it's not that I'm so concerned about not seeing my own face on my ravelry page - but I really think it's about time I did a little selfish knitting!


I've had A Posy of Violets in my ravelry favorites forever; I just needed an excuse to purchase the pattern and start knitting.  As if needing a small selfish project wasn't enough motivation, I also happened to have a handful of fingering weight yarn leftovers that begged to be used up.  Well, this project was so small, that I didn't even completely use up any of those scraps.


 The flowers are supposed to be made into a brooch.  I can't decide if that's what I want to do with them, or find some other purpose for them.  For now, I'm happy to have a small project that was made just for me.  I've even started working on a bigger project for me - a sweater!  While I'm expecting, it's the perfect excuse to take on a more time consuming project, because I can't wear it right now anyway.  It's a summery sweater, so I'm hoping that I can get it finished before baby and have something cute to look forward to wearing next spring and summer.

Do little projects motivate you to start working on something bigger?

Annabelle


4 comments:

  1. They're so pretty! I hope you're feeling well? And little miss and Mr too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I am actually feeling really good during this pregnancy, it's been amazing ;) My little darling and the hubby are also well. We are all anticipating the big arrival next month.

      Delete
  2. I've just started to learn to knit. I think my kids will get most of the things I create, that is if I manage to make anything at all!!
    Amber
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting is a wonderful hobby, I hope you enjoy it. Knitting for little ones is so much fun, they take less time too - so I'm sure you will manage to make something!

      Delete